Monday, July 11, 2011

Bathing with Babes...

So today was a busy day for Harley. After about 3pm, I fed him, and then power down. Not just with him (which we totally don't mind) but for the whole neighborhood that we live in. So it was a SUPER hot day in NoVA, which means as soon as that power went out, it was immediately 90 degrees in our apartment. This does NOT fair well for a 1 week old.

 So we packed everyone up and went to the place that babies love to eat: Chili's. (Baby back ribs, right?)

 He slept the whole time and my mom, Mike and I drank our weight in water and other iced beverages (notice I didn't say adult beverages :) ).... When we got home to see if the power was back on, it was feeding time again. The power was back but it was still warm, but we stayed... I was forced to go to a restaurant, which I've been fearing. Not because of screaming baby, but I don't know who you are or where your hands have been... I digress...

So then after that, Harley was still a little sweaty from his restaurant date. So we gave him his first bath. Real bath style. His cord fell off a few days ago (for the most part) and he HATED it. Towards the end of it, he realized it wasn't so bad, I think he will eventually learn to love it.

It was a fun experience and Mike and I bathed him and my mom was the papparazzi.





Mike giving the face shield.

Feeling a little better about the situation.



Post bath. Fairly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment