Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Harley's 1-month Doctor Visit

Well, it was actually last week, but this is a part-time blog, so you were forewarned.

I called the doctor last week because Harley had been showing some of the symptoms of acid reflux. Arching his back during and after a meal, spitting up a lot way after feeding, and crying while he was eating among others. It was a new thing and the stretching and spitting up I could handle.. the fussing and crying while he was supposed to be enjoying life (aka eating) was really getting to me. The nurse on the phone said it was better if we could get in and see the doctor.

So the next day we went. Side note, I took him by myself which was good but a little nerve wracking. Harley's 1 month weight was 12lbs 2oz. Beef cake!! The doctor said that he was having a lot of the symptoms of relux and we got some meds to see if that made him feel better.

So we have been taking some Zantax (I tried it today, it is gross, no wonder he makes faces) and he still arches and spits up, but the crying during feedings has been almost eliminated. Also, he doesn't spit up hours after he has eaten. :) So hopefully this fixes the situation, babies do grow out of it, so it is also a waiting game.

I'm just glad that he is feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment